Public traditional Smoke Sauna Evenings
PUBLIC TRADITIONAL SMOKE SAUNA EVENINGS AT JÄTKÄNKÄMPPÄ, A REAL LUMBERJACKS' LODGE
Traditional public Finnish evenings are organised normally every Tuesday (exceptionally on Monday 7.6.2021) around the year at Jätkänkämppä (jätkä = a lumberjack, kämppä = a lodge), which is an authentic lumberjack lodge from the 1950´s.
The Jätkänkämppä is situated 600 metres from the Spa Hotel Rauhalahti.
This event is selected as a top wellness product in Finpro’s Visit Finland Finrelax growth programme. See the bulletin here.
In addition, Jätkänkämppä's smoke sauna was picked by Culture Trip as on of their Finland Local Favorites 2017. Read the article, 10 of the best saunas in Finland.
AUTUMN & WINTER: PROGRAMME FOR TRADITIONAL SMOKE SAUNA EVENINGS 7.9.-21.12.2021
- The lodge is open at 16-22, free entrance to the area
- Smoke sauna available at 16-21. Price for the sauna is 15 € / adult, 9 € / pensioner, 7,50 € / child 4-14 yrs incl. the towel. Bring your own swimsuit to keep it in sauna room and when swimming in the lake. Sauna time max. 2 hours. In additiion you can buy drinks at sauna.
- Dinner buffet is served (check the menus above). Settings: 16.30-18.30 and 19.00-21.00. Price 25 € / adult, 12,50 € / child 4-14 yrs.
- Package price: sauna visit and dinner buffet 38 € / adult, 19 € / child 4-14 yrs
- Live accordion/violin music at 17-21
PRIVATE USE (not Tuesday evenings)
The Jätkänkämppä Lumberjack Lodge provides a memorable venue for conferences, family functions, Christmas parties, weddings and corporate entertainment. Jätkänkämppä has its own menus for evening meals that also feature traditional provincial specialities. Entertainment options that can be booked for a function include an accordionist, a lumberjack show and various playful games. Find out more here.
HOW TO ARRIVE IN JÄTKÄNKÄMPPÄ
Read more here.