Arrival in Rauhalahti
How to reach Kuopio
Travelling to the Kuopio region is easy, whether by public transport or your own car. Click the map in order to get larger map (google maps).
Kuopio is the biggest city in eastern Finland. Connections by air to Kuopio are good, as there are several daily flights from Helsinki. Kuopio Airport also operates charter flights. There are five trains daily from Helsinki to Kuopio, the fastest Inter-City train taking only about four hours. Kuopio is situated by one of the arterial roads of the country, highway no. 5 leading from Helsinki to Lapland. A good network of well-maintained roads connects Kuopio and the rural districts in the region. The Kuopio region can also be reached by bus.
Coordinates: lattitude 62.867800, height 27.642990
Distances to Kuopio:
|Helsinki||400||4 h 30 min||5 h 30 min||1 h|
|Tampere||300||3 h 45 min||3 h 30 min|
|Turku||450||5 h 30 min||5 h 30 min|
|Vaasa||380||4 h 45 min||7 h|
|Oulu||290||3 h 45 min||5 h|
How to reach Rauhalahti
Distances to Rauhalahti:
- Airport 23 km
- Railway station 6 km
- Bus station 6 km
Local buses from Kuopio city centre:
the bus line number 7 directly to the hotel. Check the timetables here.
Some useful links:
VR Finnish Railways
Road introductions when arriving from south:
1. On highway no 5, approx. 6 km before the centre of Kuopio, sign Rauhalahti.
2. Drive to the right from the highway, at first approx. 800 m Rauhalahdentie -street.
3. Turn to the left, to Kartanonkatu -street (there is also sign Rauhalahti), approx. 900 m this Kartanonkatu -street.
4. Turn to the right: Kylpylähotelli Rauhalahti.
5. Drive straight on approx. 500 m to the hotel yard.