Public Traditional Finnish Evenings
Traditional Finnish evenings, summer 2016
The Finnish traditional evenings are organised Tuesdays around the year and in summer time also Fridays 1.7.-26.8.2016.
Programme on Tuesdays and Fridays 1.7.-26.8.2018
- 16-23 Lumberjacks’ Lodge is open
- 16-20 Traditional Dinner buffet is served
- 16-23 Smoke sauna is available
- 17-21 Live accordeon music
- lumberjack's demontration 18 and 20 pm
- 1.7.-12.8.: orchestra dances 20.30-23.30, closing time at 24.00
Traditional Dinner 23 € / adult, 11,50 e / child 4-14 yrs.
Smoke sauna 12 € / adult, 6 € / child 4-14 yrs.
Hotel guests 7 € / 3,50 €.
If you have a half-board package at the Spa Hotel Rauhalahti and you want to have Jätkänkämppä's dinner buffet instead of the hotel buffet, you just pay extra 4 € / adult and 2 € / child 4-14 yrs.
Traditional buffet menu
* Spicy herring
* Smoked vendace
* Lightly smoked salmon with dill mayonnaise
* Green salad and selection of citrus vinaigrette
* Local homecheese and strawberry salad
* Tomato - onion salad
* Summer vegetable salad
* Melon salad
* Potato - asparagus salad
* Turkey fillet and mustard mayonnaise
* Perch pie with rye crust and swede pie with rye crust
Bread and butter
Drinks: water, home made ale
Tuesdays: Robbers' roast (beef), red wine sauce, root vegetables simmered in oven, baked potato with fresh herb filling
Fridays: Robbers' roast (pork), creamy brandy and pepper sauce, root vegetables simmered in oven, baked potato with fresh herb filling
Meat balls and mashed potatoes
* Gooseberry-strawberry kissel with whipped cream
* Coffee and tea