Connections and map
Kuopio is the biggest city in eastern Finland. Connections by air to Kuopio are excellent, as there are 6-8 daily flights from Helsinki. Kuopio Airport also operates charter flights. There are five trains daily from Helsinki to Kuopio, the fastest Inter-City train taking only five and a half hours. Kuopio is situated by one of the arterial roads of the country, highway no. 5 leading from Helsinki to Lapland. A good network of well-maintained roads connects Kuopio and the rural districts in the region. The Kuopio region can also be reached by bus.
Information of distances an travelling to Kuopio and Rauhalahti
Distances to Rauhalahti
Airport 23 km
Railway 6 km
Bus station 6 km
Local buses from Kuopio city centre:
bus number 7 directly to the hotel.
Some useful links
1. On highway no 5, approx. 5 km before the centre of Kuopio, sign Rauhalahti.
2. Drive to the right from the highway, at first approx. 800 m Rauhalahdentie -street.
3. Turn to the left, to Kartanonkatu -street (there is also sign Rauhalahti), approx. 1000 m this Kartanonkatu -street.
4. Turn to the right: Kylpylähotelli Rauhalahti.
5. Drive straight on approx. 500 m to the hotel yard.
|Helsinki||400||4 h 30 min||5 h 30 min||1 h|
|Tampere||300||3 h 45 min||3 h 30 min|
|Turku||450||5 h 30 min||5 h 30 min|
|Vaasa||380||4 h 45 min||7 h|
|Oulu||290||3 h 45 min||5 h|